Our Mission and Values
Based on the principles of human dignity, equality, justice and peace, the mission of the YMCA of Okanagan is to support the development of strong individuals, families and communities in body, mind and spirit and to connect with and support the Y’s global family.
Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility.
Our Vision 2015
With six key strategic priorities, Vision 2015 will provide us with a clear direction that will enable our Y to remain strong and relevant to a growing and changing community as we make our way into the future. We invite you to come along with us on our journey to create a new YMCA for a new generation.
- The Y serves and impacts more people. Innovation, adaptation and extension of Y programs and services result in more people being served. The Y is having a positive impact on the health of people and communities it serves.
- The Y engages communities. Members, volunteers, staff and community demonstrate an increased sense of belonging and engagement. The Y’s strong culture, mission and impact has been strengthened and advanced.
- The Y operates with excellence. The Y is a leading edge, ‘best run’ organization.
- The Y is better known. More people recognize the YMCA as the leading provider of health and lifestyle programs for children, youth, adults and families that add value to the community.
- Y resources are well-managed. The Y is financially healthy and has sustainable programs, services and facilities.
- The Y has the capacity to meet its mission and strategic objectives. More people commit their expertise and resources to help advance the Y’s mission.