You can become a YMCA Volunteer and make a difference.
As the place for better health and development for all, we turn no one away from a membership or service because of financial hardship. We are able to do this in part by the generous time and skills of our volunteers.
It is from the help of volunteers and donors that we are able to subsidize memberships and offer much needed health programs for the community today and tomorrow.
Four easy steps to become a Y Volunteer:
- Find the right fit for you by reviewing the volunteer positions below. if you cannot find a role that fits, we will help you to create a customized role that feels right.
- Complete a Volunteer Application Form and email it to Cassandra Thomas or drop it off in person at a Y Branch
- Come in for an interview with a volunteer coordinator
- Complete a current RCMP Records Check with a Vulnerable Sector Search
The following opportunities are available at specific locations. Please read description for available locations.
Member Services & Administration
Gain great customer service experience and meet new people in your community. If you love to smile and go the extra mile, join our team as a member services greeter!
Health & Fitness
Share your passion for fitness and give back to your community through a number of positions at the YMCA. Support a new-exerciser as a Fitness Host, become a Group Fitness Instructor (training provided), encourage active older adults as a Walk & Talk for 50+ Host, or even work with multiple people on our new training circuit as a Training Circuit Host. Check out the links below for more info on what each unique opportunity has to offer!
Work towards becoming a certified lifeguard/instructor and help our members develop a passion for swimming and to feel safe in the water.
Child and Youth Programs
Run, play, laugh and encourage our youngest YMCA members to have fun every visit.
- Boys in Action Program Leader
- Childminding Volunteer
- Girls Only Program Leader
- Summer Day Camp Volunteer
- Little Scholars Le Petit Tennis Activity Instructor
- Little Scholars Preschool Volunteer
Facility Operations & Maintenance
Help us show our best face by helping to keep the facility clean and safe.
We are looking for enthusiastic, dedicated and fun-loving volunteers who are passionate about supporting their community.