Grant and Wendy Delcourt believe healthy communities start with healthy people. That’s why Grant, who leads the Delcourt Advisory Group at Scotia Wealth Management, his team and family, take a very active role in supporting their community.
Delcourt Advisory Group at YMCA Cycle for Strong Kids eventThe Delcourt Advisory Group at Scotia Wealth Management has proudly co-sponsored the YMCA Cycle for Strong Kids event for the past 7 years and raised almost $57,000. “Their leadership, generosity and participation helped to grow this event to be the Y’s largest and most important annual fundraiser”, says Rhonda Zakala, General Manager of Fund Development.
For Grant, being involved in the YMCA Cycle for Strong Kids event has been a great opportunity to get the staff together outside of the office and involved in a cause that can change a child’s life. “It’s about empowering and enriching the lives of children early on” says Grant. “It starts when they are young. The more empowerment and leadership we can provide along the way the more successful they will be.”
Grant and Wendy are long-time residents of Kelowna and have two daughters, Hannah and Madison, whom are also active in philanthropy. The couple also supports charitable organizations such as
- NOW Canada, specializing in programs vital to the recovery process for women suffering from violence, sexual exploitation, addiction and mental health challenges
- CMHA’s “Get Loud” for Mental Health, promoting education to reduce stigma in the realm of mental wellness
- Metro Community Centre, a space for the hungry, hurting and homeless in our community
- August Motor’s Dream Rally of exotic cars for sick kids, raising funds for children coping with devastating health challenges
- Willow Park Church’s Leadership Development Programs, Youth Programs and Missionary work
- School District 23’s Leadership Development Programs and Global Citizenship ventures
“Our team at work and at home believes in providing people with the opportunity, resources and examples to live a life of purpose, passion and prosperity. Driven by these core values, active in serving others, connects like-minded people toward a larger cause to make a difference bigger than anyone could accomplish individually. Together we are stronger.” —Grant Delcourt, Senoir Wealth Advisor