YMCA Connects is designed to enhance your personal development, education, and employment opportunities to move you closer to your career goals. Our free and virtual services are offered as a part of our exciting Career Development Services for youth and young adults.
Option 1: Individual support services by phone, email, and video conferencing.
Option 2: Interactive online group learning. Option 2 is offered in groups or individually based on your scheduling needs.
Phone or email registration is mandatory prior to participation. Find out more by filling out a short pre-registration form and one of our staff will be happy to connect with you to discuss program details. Or feel free to call us at 250-861-5627 or email us at email@example.com.
Discover how to be employment ready in today’s evolving job market. Learn up-to-date information about which industries are currently hiring and what skills you need to successfully achieve your career goals.
Learn about networking—both in-person and web-based—to increase access to career opportunities, including the hidden job markets in the Okanagan.
Learn tips to make a great first impression and how to answer interview questions confidently and effectively. There will be special focus on how to deliver a successful telephone and video conferencing interview.
Learn about yourself and discover careers, including ones in today’s job market, that are the best fit for you.
Discover strategies to become a skilled and valued employee. Learn about attractive transferable skills that will help you maintain your job and/or transition successfully to a new position.
Learn techniques to enhance and tailor your resume/cover letter, increasing your chances of landing an interview in your desired industry.
Discover tips for managing your time wisely, and learn how to overcome barriers to ensure successful goal attainment.
During the program you will:
- Earn an hourly wage while attending our online workshops
- Work with knowledgeable professionals in employment facilitation and career discovery
- Explore your personal interests and characteristics
- Establish a step-by-step plan to attain your career goals
- Create polished and professional resumes and cover letters
- Learn how to connect with community employers in your field of choice
- Conduct valuable research to help you design your own career path
- Gain access to financial supports as needed
- Learn how to socialize with industry leaders
- Gain support with job shifting or your next promotion
- Discover educational possibilities
- Acquire interviewing tips and tricks to land your dream job
Who is eligible?
- Must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or Protected Person living in British Columbia
- Must not be currently participating in another provincially- or federally-funded labour market program
This valuable opportunity can equip you with the competitive edge you need to secure and maintain your next job!
How is the program funded?
YMCA Connects is made possible in part through the generosity of donors. We thank these community leaders for supporting the YMCA Connects: